4/25/10

Dear Baby

Daddy and I have been very busy lately prepping for your arrival in just 2 1/2 months (give or take)
Trying to keep mama in good shape so that labor might be a little easier when the time comes to see your sweet face, or is that just a wives tale?
To name a few... We hiked up above Logan Golf Course...
Where we saw this sweet little bunny that you would love.Mount Ogden Trail with Nike at Grammy and Papa's house.Nike loved the riversWalked in a 5K and we were NOT last even though we finished in 59.02 minutes. Yes it took longer than planned but you were a lot harder to carry than anticipated that morning; my shins were hurting and my lower tummy muscles and ligaments were really hurting me. There was a nice policeman patrolling traffic on campus of USU that kept driving by making sure I was alright and that I was going to make it. He even offered us a ride but I was determined. Sure enough we made it to the finish line!"Second chance 5k" is put on by my friend Mandee every year. She had a heart transplant 9 years ago. Grandpa Oberg ran in Boston Marathon the weekend before and had made a "running for Gary" shirt that daddy wore for the race (he is Oberg's friend and just had a liver transplant about 2 months ago)
Mandee my friend had a heart transplant
Kelsie my cousin and Natalie my brothers friend both had kidney transplants
(don't mind the 2nd grade hand writing, its harder than you think to write on a shirt, using your leg as a table)I finished your dress that I made all by myself! Daddy didn't even have to help me.
Can't wait to see you in it!

Aunt Karli graduated from Weber State with her bachelor's in Microbiology.
Congratulations Karli!
Erik, Craig, Karli, Jake and TaylorWe are finally in the third trimester, the home stretch! You are getting so big and boy don't we know it! Clothes are getting harder to come by and nights are getting more uncomfortable making it harder to get my beauty sleep. You move more than ever and have the hiccups daily.
I've been suffering from bad hay fever so don't mind this picture with no makeup!
28 weeks (about 6 1/2 months)

16 comments:

meag said...

your awesome. and you look so so cute! really might be coming to logan this week with kathy, if so i AM going to see you i hope....its been too long. i can't believe you only have 2.5 months left. that is not very long. so so excited for you!

Rob and Vienna said...

What a cute post! I LOVE that dress. When I have a girl, you are teaching me how to do those. I'm so excited for your little girl to be here. If I'm here this summer, I totally want to help you make cute hair things for her.
Way to go on your 5k too, that's awesome!

April said...

that was the cutest post!!! And you are the cutest prego girly ever!! Yeah for the 5 k I wouldn't have made it.I did hear it helps with labor so keep it up while you can. LOVE THE DRESS!!! You are getting so good.

Maegan and Dan said...

sammy! you are so cute! i LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress you made! teach me your ways! we should have craft days, seriously.

meag said...

ps love love the dress...good job.

Michelle said...

You look adorable! And I LOVE that dress! Good job!

Amy said...

Love that dress and love that baby inside your belly!!! haha

Donene said...

Way to go, on all of the exercise! You are looking great and congratulations to Karli on her graduation, You did a great job on the dress!!!

Sharee said...

You loook so cute! Good job on all that hiking and your 5k. Love your dress...she will gorgeous in it. GOOD LUCK!

Lauren said...

You look so cute and I love the dress you made! So cute!!!

Tannie Datwyler said...

You look very pretty Sammy! And that dress you made is adorable.

Way to go on the 5K - that's awesome.

Samantha said...

Sammy, you are SUCH a cute preggo!! And I love the dress you made -- super adorable!! Just hang in there -- I know the 3rd trimester seems to drag on and on and on, but it's well worth it! :)

Paige said...

Way to be so active! I'm seriously impressed! I walked around the mall the other day and my belly muscles were hurting so bad...I don't know how you did a 5k! but that's awesome. That dress is adorable! Good job! You're becoming quite the seamstress. I love the material. Such a cute pattern. And you look great! just a little basketball bump. you're so cute!

The Obergs said...

What a cute blog post! I love this idea, "dear baby", how adorable. Sammy, you look awesome with no make up on and your belly is a cute as can be.

I'm so impressed with all of your exercising. That's the one thing I'm going to do differently next time around...I've heard the same thing too, the better shape you are in, the better the delivery goes... I can count on one hand how many times I exercised while I was pregnant (I blame my never-ending morning sickness).

And of course your dress turned out perfect! Let's get together and do a little project and you can teach me how to use my sewing machine.

Kym said...

You're so awesome for walking that 5k!!!! And that little dress is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!!!!!! Love it! Maybe you should teach me some lessons with my sewing machine. :)

Ashley said...

Sammy, you still look so pretty without makeup! And I love the dress. Your girl is going to be SO cute!