I was so brave this morning and went to the Dr all by myself (Erik had school). Last week at my 37 wk appointment I was dilated to a 1 and 40% thinned. As of today I am a 1 1/2 and 70% thinned which he made sure I realized is GREAT! "Especially for a first time mom." So although it's not quite as much progress as I was hoping to have, it is progress all the same and he assured me I'm doing great.
The bad part is, he's going to be on trek next week from Wed-Sat, so baby girl better not come while he's gone, but I sure won't be stopping her! I guess that's what I get for having a Stake President for my Dr. but he's so great and we love him.
This past week Erik and I have enjoyed our time together:
We went to see Grown Ups and laughed til it hurt, definitely recommend this movie!
38 Wks
I've been nesting like crazy and have organized and reorganized everything in her room over and over.
Finally some pictures of the nursery. I still have some work to do, I don't have anything on the walls yet, and there are things in the corners I still need to find places for, but it's coming along. Some things won't get done until she's here I'm sure but for the most part it's ready!
My mom made the darling ottoman in the bottom right corner that matches her bedding!

Finally some pictures of the nursery. I still have some work to do, I don't have anything on the walls yet, and there are things in the corners I still need to find places for, but it's coming along. Some things won't get done until she's here I'm sure but for the most part it's ready!
My mom made the darling ottoman in the bottom right corner that matches her bedding!
My mom made the darling purple minky blanket and it's amazing! Violet's just going to love it!
I bought these great sandals at TJ Maxx and was so excited to wear them. They were tight all day long and when I got home my poor feet were all deformed and dented! Guess I'll stick with the flip flops for a couple more weeks.
This picture does not do my poor feet justice, but you get the idea.
I came across this quiz and thought it was great for my records
How big is baby? According to babycenter: about 6.8 pounds and over 19 1/2 inches long but according to Dr Horsley LAST WEEK at my 37 wk appt she was measuring 6 lbs 13 oz from the ultrasound.
Weight gain? 33lbs
Maternity clothes? levi capris, pants, shorts, are extremely uncomfortable, I wear dresses and sweat shorts everyday
Stretchmarks? some on my hips, none on belly... yet!
Sleep? Whats that? Rolling from side to side all night is getting really painful, my poor hips just ache!
Best moment this week? Hearing her heartbeat, hearing that I'm progressing nicely and spending lots of time with Erik.
Movement? Still squirming about, but can definitely tell she doesn't have nearly as much room. She likes to hang out in a ball on my right side and put her bum and feet right on top of my ribs so I can't breathe. As for MY movement, I'm walking like a duck and can't paint my toenails, have to have help tying tennis shoes, down to wearing flip flops all the time, shaving my legs is extremely difficult.
Food cravings? anything and everything, snow shacks, frozen yogurt and today gas station corn dogs with LOTS of mustard (wanted one didn't get one though)
Bellybutton? still have a hernia, sometimes its in, flat, out.
Labor signs? Having contractions since 36 weeks, seem to be getting more intense, but some days not as many as others. Sometimes I'll have them for 5 minutes apart for 2 hours straight then they'll suddenly just stop.
What I miss? seeing my feet, sleeping flat on my back, being able to jump and run and bend in half
What I am looking forward to? Seeing her sweet face, dressing her up in her cute clothes and bringing her home
8 comments:
Sweetheart, you're just sooo beautiful and the cutest and best preggo in the history of preggos. I love you cutie.
The nursery is so cute! I love the colors and good luck this next week! Hope all goes well!
k, LOVE your nursery! I has come together so well. I love your beddding, especially the tulle skirt. She is going to love it! :)
I might have to steal that quiz idea from you. It'll be so fun to look back on one day and remember those little things.
The dam where you went walking looks beautiful. Such a pretty place.
OH I feel ya about the feet being all indented. I've been wearing flip flops to work for months now and sometimes I have to like peel them off because my feet are so swollen.
Let's have these babys...k?
your so cute. i love that quiz thing...so fun and will be good to look back on for future babes and compare. love her cute bedroom, came together so nicely...i'm especially in love with her bedding, so cute.
you look so cute! And those feet, ah I remember that. I swelled a lot with Hudson. The room is so cute and the bedding oh to die for!!! Can't wait to see her sweet face either.
Oh my - that is just so very tender - I am so excited for you ! This is indeed one of the best experiences ever in your whole life ! You will be a great mommy - what a lucky little girl to come to your home - - Love you ! anne of lowe - :)
Love that nursery! I'm hoping for a girl so I can doll mine up all cute like that:)
ummm...did Erik really write that comment!? That is the sweetest thing EVER!
I love that little quiz. It's a good thing you write all of these things down, because even though you don't think you'll forget, you will definitely forget. I can hardly remember any of those details and it's just been a little over a year.
I LOVE her nursery. It's so sweet and calming. My favorite things are the lamp and the minky blanket. If Violet doesn't like it, I will take it off your hands.
I'm counting down the days! Can't wait for little babe to get here.
Post a Comment