This very well may be my last post before baby girl makes her debut (if I had my way) I won't get my hopes up but today I haven't been feeling all that great, and I've been having some painful contractions. Could it be? I would love to wake up to tons of contractions and have to run to the hospital, but I have a feeling that I'll wake up to the sun, go and get my massage tomorrow morning and I will return to work Monday for my last week.
I have to say that waiting is the hardest part, just the unknown and suspense of when she'll finally decide to come is killing me. It really is worse than the sleepless nights, the wall I hit every day about 11:30 when I just want to get up from my desk and go home, wanting my belly out of my way, and not knowing what she looks like.
I have to say that waiting is the hardest part, just the unknown and suspense of when she'll finally decide to come is killing me. It really is worse than the sleepless nights, the wall I hit every day about 11:30 when I just want to get up from my desk and go home, wanting my belly out of my way, and not knowing what she looks like.
Violet is our little kitten (not her nickname I'll explain); whenever Erik rubs my belly she pushes her back out on my right side so far that its totally lopsided and you can practically grab her little body, she'll poke out so far and he'll sit and rub her back for a few minutes. It's hilarious and so cute, and it's the same exact thing every time he does it, which is a few times a day. I can't wait to see if she does the same thing when she's out, I know she'll remember! (Maybe all babies do that, but I still think its darling, she's already a daddy's girl, and he's already wrapped around her finger!)
39 weeks. Yes I got my hair done!
Sorry for the prologue, now on to the main attraction.
This last weekend was such a blast, we had so much fun with our families; Friday night we headed down and went to Peloton's an amazingly delicious restaurant on the Ogden river, it's such a fun place, live music on the weekends, outdoor seating by the river, fire pits and amazing brick oven pizza. What a great atmosphere!
(I did get some pictures but I looked like a whale so couldn't get myself to post them.)
Saturday morning we headed down to my aunt and uncle's home in Sandy for the annual 4th of July (this year 3rd) party for swimming, great food and of course a pedicure complete with patriotic toes by my sweet cousin Marielle! (Erik actually did the ped-egg on my feet the night before, sweetheart)
Despite my better judgment I put on a swimsuit and went SWIMMING! Besides my large, blindingly white body it was amazing, I hope I get to go again while I have an excuse to look so large! It was sure difficult getting out of the pool, man these bellies are SO HEAVY, you don't realize...
After a great day in Sandy we headed up to Liberty for Taylor's annual BBQ, it was scrumptious.
Oberg clan (with Crystal's parents too!)
Erik had been wanting to take Nike (my parents dog) up to his parents house for a long time, we finally took him and he loved swimming in the pond and playing catch, he couldn't quite figure out what the cows were...
Hazel loved going for rides on Erik's shoulders, and loved pulling his ears out! She's so cute and was great entertainment all night, running around, dancing and talking up a storm.
Sweet Land of Liberty. Oberg's beautiful backyard/pond
After dinner we went to the Liberty fireworks which are such a blast, they light them off literally about 50 yards from where you sit and the ashes fall right on you! They're right above your head.
Lynnette and Hazel
Patiently waiting for dark
Cute Chance and Karli
Hazel on Craig's shoulders
After the Liberty Fireworks we headed back to Oberg's for some fireworks Erik and Taylor got in Evanston earlier that week
Erik running for it!
Erik and Jake break dancing/doing the robot by the strobe fireworks
Sunday the 4th was baby Finn's blessing, he was so sweet and getting so chunky!
Erik took this picture of him, I LOVE it! So sweet and perfect what a little angel
Amy and I
Later that night we did some fireworks at April and Trent's in the street
Boen and I wrapped in April's Flag blankie
Goofy kids loving the show put on by the uncles/dads
They loved the sparklers!
Monday Erik went fishing and I went to Eclipse with my mom and April. I LOVED it! As if I wouldn't, but it really was so great, I loved every moment of it, the kissing was fantastic and not awkward like in the previous movies, the proposal was great, the vampire/werewolf battle was impressive, (I was really nervous about that) , Edward was dreamy as ever, Jacob was still hunky and It was SO true to the book. I know, we're all shocked I didn't go at midnight, #1 I was 38 weeks pregnant #2 I didn't get tickets in time #3 I don't think I could have waited in line for it this time. Although the movie would've been worth it!
Until next time...
39 weeks. Yes I got my hair done!
This last weekend was such a blast, we had so much fun with our families; Friday night we headed down and went to Peloton's an amazingly delicious restaurant on the Ogden river, it's such a fun place, live music on the weekends, outdoor seating by the river, fire pits and amazing brick oven pizza. What a great atmosphere!
(I did get some pictures but I looked like a whale so couldn't get myself to post them.)
Saturday morning we headed down to my aunt and uncle's home in Sandy for the annual 4th of July (this year 3rd) party for swimming, great food and of course a pedicure complete with patriotic toes by my sweet cousin Marielle! (Erik actually did the ped-egg on my feet the night before, sweetheart)
Oberg clan (with Crystal's parents too!)
Lynnette and Hazel
Erik running for it!
Boen and I wrapped in April's Flag blankie
Until next time...
5 comments:
I hope your cute baby girl comes this weekend so you don't have to return to work on Monday.. that wouldn't be fun being so pregnant!! You look great though! I love your hair! You better post something as soon as you have her! :)
Ps.. I didn't get midnight Eclipse tickets either because I was so pregnant lol.. But I did go see it opening day still. I loved it! I thought it is the best one so far!!
Oh I love all of the cute pictures you got of the Hazel nut, especially the one of her pulling on Erik's ears. "sweet land of Liberty"... how clever! I also love the beautiful pictures of the Oberg's home. It really is a dreamy place up there isn't it.
I'm sure you even more anxious than most pregnant women because you've got that adorable little Finn making you so excited for your own. He really is such a doll baby. I can't wait to see what baby Violet looks like.
I'll cross my fingers that you have that baby soon!
you are the cutest prego ever like Erik says! You always get the cutest pictures of Finn. I have to steal them again. I hope she comes this weekend, oh Violet come out!!!
You are so cute! Good luck with everything!
remember how your at the hospital right now having your sweet little baby....so so so excited for you. i cannot wait to meet her.
Post a Comment