I have Spring Fever! Not only am I looking forward to going to the park and walks with Violet, but I started my spring cleaning today. It finally hit me that I have WAY too much stuff for this tiny 800ish square foot apartment. Truthfully I've always known I have to much stuff, but I didn't know where to put it, and didn't know where to start.
I love organizing and finding a "home" for everything. So today I put on some Deathcab, went through all my kitchen stuff (which has been scattered throughout the house) and went to town. This is everything that we got for our wedding that I've either never used, or used once upon a time. Now it's tucked nicely in a storage box and will be stored with my other storage boxes in the corner of our dining room/storage room.
I know that one day I'll want to use some of the things; all the "beautiful" crystal candy dishes, every kind of cake pan you could ever imagine, extra mixing bowls and cookie trays, Mexican Fiesta platter, bowl and tortilla bowl that I got on our honeymoon (which of course I INSISTED that I MUST HAVE!), casserole dishes, cake decorating things, serving platters etc! I think it's time we put these things away after 3 1/2 years of thinking "I'll use it."
I can't wait for the day when I finally need these things, and will open up the storage box to a "new" kitchen!
Next on my to do list: Find a place for my crochet/knitting stuff, sewing machine, fabric and craft things, and food storage.
4 comments:
oh i need to catch your fever and do the same thing. your little hats that you are making are so stinking cute....i love them. good job.
You want to come over to my house and organize it for me? Haha. My craft stuff has turned into a horrible beast. I don't know what to do about it. Maybe we should brainstorm.
Those mixing bowls are the best bowls ever! You should definitely use them!
cleaning/organizing is my most favorite/rewarding thing to do. It looks like you did a great job.
P.S. If you decide you don't want your mexican fiesta platter, I will take it off your hands. I love it!
Post a Comment