3/2/11

Goals

Ever since elementary school I have been a nail biter.  Not a nervous nail biter, but just to do a little trimming you could say.  I remember my sister April bit her nails, and I always wanted to be just like her, so, I started to bite mine!  Well about 20 years later, I decided that I was going to stop once and for all.  I'm glad to say that I think the habit is broken, and it really hasn't been very hard.  I've just kept my nails painted, and voila! I haven't bitten them for over a month and the urge is gone! Now I HATE using fingernail clippers, it gives me the willies, just feels so weird, and I hate how it bends your nails before it chops them off. BUT it's much better, and not as gross as biting them.


As far as my original resolutions, I have not been very good.  The exercise/weight loss is going well, I'm now 4 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight but I would really like to lose 6 more lbs then I'll be so pleased!  But I can't complain too much.  I've been working out 4-5 times every week but the eating better thing hasn't been going so well.  In two words: EASTER CANDY.
For the month of January, I didn't really learn anything (for my resolution), I did get a few crochet patterns that I taught myself to do, and February I didn't go out of my way to learn anything either.  SO back to the start, I have to learn something this month!
I'm so glad that it is March, I'm hoping that the snow will start to melt and we'll have some nice spring days, I'm going ABSOLUTELY crazy being cooped up in the house all day, I need some friends, and more hobbies.
How are your resolutions going?

6 comments:

April said...

what you wanted to be like me and bite your nails? UGH did you see how ugly my nails were? Too funny!
I had broken the habbit when I pregnant my nails were beautiful and a few months ago, i started again! ugh!
As for resolutions, I have 3 lbs till I hate my pre=prego weight, so proud of myself my baby isn't even 1 yet! And the eating healthy (for the most part) and exercising thing has been good. However the ready the scriptures daily and ready finishing 1 book a month hasn't gone so well.

Vienna said...

Hooray! I need to be better about keeping mine painted. They get all chipped and I'm too lazy to keep up with it. I also HATE clipping my nails too, so I hear ya. Great job on your goals; I've been pretty much horrible on most of mine. Of my 12, four of them are going okay, two of them kind of, and the rest, not at all. But that's how it always goes.

Blake said...

I have the same problem.Emily would always bit her nails and I guess I wanted to follow her example? Great job. I don't have a goal weight anymore its more about looking at myself and going oh wow. Where did that fat go?

meag said...

yeah for doing so good on your goals! thats awesome, and i love that you talk about them, so they make you more accountable. me.... they are going so so...but with you talking about yours gives me a little more motivation to step up on mine! being that you are doing so great at exercising and such, would you like to do the top of utah half marathon with me, sharee might be doing it as well, and i say the more the merrier! its a super fun race and you would do great...think about it?

The Obergs said...

good job on your resolutions.... it sounds like yours are going better than mine. I'm missing my Zumba time. Can't wait until I get home and can join you for our exercise nights.

Heather said...

Way to go on your goals! I absolutely love your blog. Your little Violet is adorable. Glad you are doing so well!