4/26/11

Easter Weekend

Easter Sunday started a little early for these Oberg's.  Friday night my mom, April and I went to the late showing of Water for Elephants.  One word: Amazing.
Saturday we headed up to Oberg's for our first Easter feast and also painted our darling Easter door hangers that Lynnette made for us (picture pending).
After a long hard night of crying hysterically, throwing up, having her parents ignore her cries, and being forced to sleep in her vomit for an hour before they knew (we didn't know she threw up! The poor little lamb) Violet finally got to sleep and the Easter bunny brought Violet her basket (or should I say my basket) full of goodies.
I crocheted her my first amigurumi bunny and forgot that I never put eyes on it!  Kind of scary but it turned out pretty cute.  She got lots of Easter books, Weebles, and I sewed her a basket, but it was too little to put all her things in so she had to use mine.
 Somehow I forgot that I needed something to wear on Easter Sunday.  I ended up wearing a skirt from high school that was the most "Eastery" dress I could find in my wardrobe.
I found Violet's dress at Macy's in Moscow and I made her hair clip. Doesn't she look like a little angel in this picture? I think so. I love those chubby arms

  
My mom gave all the Speechly girl grandchildren a matching zebra shirt and leggings for Easter in honor of Jeff in Ghana! (picture pending of the 3 girls) Her leggings are size 18 month and they are so tight on her! Oh my chubby 19 lb 13 oz baby.
 The weather was such a downer that day, it was pretty cool but Vi didn't mind and loved going down the slide

 and swinging
 

1 comment:

meag said...

oh that is so sad that she was sick. i hope she is feeling better. looks like a fun easter, her dress is absolutely darling. and look at the fun knitting things you are doing. good work. need to get together soon!!!