4/27/11

Projects

I finally finished most of my projects I've been working on for months!
I have had the hardest time deciding what to do in Violet's room, before she was born I just took my sweet time and didn't worry about what was going up on the walls.  Now that she's 9 months old I finally have somethings up!

All of these frames are from the DI except for the silver one which is from TJ Maxx.  The DI ones were anywhere from $0.50 to $4.
 Not sure I'm loving the wicker frame... What do you think?  For $1 I couldn't pass it up.  I spray painted all of these white, painted the mirror blue, used some scrap fabric from a skirt I made Vi for the octagonal frame.
 My mom made these curtains and I just love them! (Yes I know they are hung too high! Will fix it eventually.) Love the eyelet lace, she also made the bird mobile and her bedding (above)
I got this print off of Etsy, shame on you if you don't know where it's from. JK it's a Beatles song "In my Life". And again, all frames from DI, painted/spray painted
  These were both from the DI and now hang in my kitchen.  I spray painted them white, and took scraps of fabric I've had for a while and voila! A menu board and... art?  Erik asked me what the banner one was, and I got mad at him ha ha. It's just cute ok?!
I'm working on lots of sewing for Mother's Day, Violet and myself!  Hopefully I'll get that finished soon, and still waiting on the weather to perk up enough to get to work on my headbaord and tv stand/dresser.

8 comments:

April said...

ok that is too die for!!!! I love them all!!!! hey Finn is almost one and I still haven't finished his room, not one thing hung on the wall or Hudson or Ruby or well the rest of my house for that matter. LOVE IT!

Kelsey said...

how cute! i love the frames (even the wicker one!) it reminds me to go out and get some for my nursery!

Ben and Camille said...

LOVE those frames! I've been to every DI close looking for ornate, fancy frames to paint and can't find anything. Looks great!

The Obergs said...

oh Sammy, all of your projects have turned out so cute. You HAVE been a busy little bee. I love the shabby chic look you've got going on.

And darling little violet in her easter dress... green looks amazing on her. Speaking of amazing, you looked beautiful! I am dying at how glamorous your hair looks in that picture. I can't wait until mine is as long as yours.

Alyssa Harper said...

WAY cute! Looks like you've been super busy, and Violet gets a totally adorable room as a result! So impressed.

meag said...

seriously sammy, that is so adorable. I love all of it. maybe i should get to work and get preston's room put together too. love all of the frames. good job.

jenna said...

Love it all Samantha! I wish I had any ounce of ambition! And I absolutely agree that you and Vi should come visit! She is such a beautiful little peanut!

Pieces of Us said...

k those are all seriously SOO cute!!! you are so crafty and creative. i may, scratch that, will have to steal some of your ideas. awesome.