8/30/11

Odds and Ends

Remember this beauty?  I bought it back in March at the DI for a whopping $15.  I've had it leaning against the wall in my bedroom ever since just waiting for some inspiration or idea of what I wanted to do with it.  I was going to do it red, then yellow and finally decided on... Orange! I know... too Ogden high for you?  I am in LOVE with orange right now and I am doing my bedroom orange and blue.  I know you might be thinking ORANGE!? Like Halloween orange? Yes. Orange. Just trust me, but I know that not everyone has the same style so that's fine, but I've got a vision!
The "remodeling" of my bedroom is going VERY slowly but it's coming along and I can't wait until the final reveal (which at the rate I'm going, won't be for another year) So far I have the headboard and one pillow finished.
Before
 During
Yikes! Erik about threw the thing in the garbage when he saw it!  He called it hunter orange
I primed it and then used 2 Krylon "Pumpkin Orange" spray cans, a total of $10 to refinish, making the grand total of the headboard $25

It turned out quite bright so I did a coat of stain with the same stain I used on the TV stand.  This is a horrible picture of it. The lighting was terrible so it really doesn't look much different,and looks like I did a crappy, streaky job, but I promise it looks much better in person!


 Hope you get the idea, it's hard to show you what I am picturing in my head but one day it'll be a beautiful perfect bedroom! But until then, I'm fine with it the way it is and happy I was able to finish the headboard.

On to my sweet Violet girl.  Oh, is her personality coming out lately! She's pretty sassy, yells and scuzzes all the time.  I was trying to get a picture of her teeth that finally came in. 

She's got curly hair! Both Erik and I have curly hair, so it's no wonder, I love it. So cute
 Her favorite place to sit.  I'll walk in the room and she'll be sitting in it just reading or playing with her toys.  I think I need to take her to the pool so I can show her how to use it.
Saturday we went to "Imagine" (Beatles tribute band) with Rob and Vienna and Vienna's sister Chloe. It was a blast!  It was free and it was HOT, but it was worth it.  They are so talented, funny (or dorky) and sound pretty close to the real deal. Violet had a great time walking around making new friends and we loved singing along
 (this is zoomed in) We had to sit quite a ways away so we could be in the shade.  I've been to their concert before and they usually dress up but I think it was a little too warm for a St. Peppers get up
 Chloe, Rob and Vienna who is due the 22nd of September! What a sport to come and sit in the heat

 Violet did NOT want her picture taken, she wanted to run free!


4 comments:

Paige said...

i LOVE the orange! so so so so cute! my mom's entry way is done in blue and orange and I love it. AND if you don't like it in a few years it's easy to spray paint. good job!

The Obergs said...

It looks like it's going to turn out beautiful. I never worry about you and your visions; they always look perfect when they're done. One day, when we have a bigger house, I'm going to take you to the DI with me and help me have a vision.

Your concert looked so fun. I agree, this band is way fun, it's almost like being at a real Beatle's concert. Sad we missed it.

Amy said...

I love her curly hair! I love the orange headboard! What a difference it makes! I love it and I love the fabric! Everything is sooo cute especially that little munchkin!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am DYING over how cute it turned out!!! That orange is amazing! I am gettting ready to redo my daughters room in orange too! Thank you so so much for sharing it with me!

Love your guts
mandi