9/27/11

Lately

I know you've all been wondering where we've been and why I haven't blogged in a while. No? Ok, well I haven't blogged in a while, and we have been around.  We've just been busy enjoying this amazing weather, trying to be outside as much as possible, because as much as I am ready and excited for the holidays and fall, I am NOT ready or excited for winter, which will be here before we know it.  I know I know! Don't even say the W word. 

Here's what we have been up too:
Erik has been busy sage grouse, jade, and gold hunting the past two weekends in Wyoming.  He actually was quite successful and found an AMAZING 14k gold pocket watch chain. It's really cool and we like to imagine that it was lost by some old cowboy way back in the day. It's worth over $1200. He is pretty stoked about it, and I am too :) He also found a few big chunks of jade (ya know... the semi-precious (or precious?) stone) and petrified wood. (I think only the Oberg women can appreciate these geological finds)
He is busy finishing up his thesis during the week (already has his rough draft turned in, we're getting there!) job hunting, and fishing.
I have been busy taking care of my sweet Violet girl.  We have been going on lots of walks, running errands, going to different parks, and spending time with our dear friend Vienna.  She is almost a week over due so we are enjoying her company while we try to distract her from thinking too much about waiting for baby Nolie.  
I'm not working on any major projects at the moment, which I'm kind of sad about, but we are going to be moving soon... I think... So for now, all major projects are on hold.

And Violet has been getting bigger and smarter by the day.  She is also getting into more mischief.  She hates when I cook or clean. Any time I am standing at a counter, she will come and squeeze with all her might in between.  Don't even get me started on what she does if Erik and I hug or kiss!  She gets so jealous and HAS to get in on the action.

We are in desperate need of a wagon or Cozy Coupe. Erik rigs violets little scooter car into a wagon and pulls her around the yard, she loves it!

She is my cuddle bug lately, especially if she has her "nigh night" (binkie and blanky which she only gets for naps and night time) And she has been giving out kisses like they're pretzels.  If you are lucky enough to be close when she's on a kissing spree, you'll get one.  Rob and Vienna have gotten some, and our parents too.

She is such a goof, loves to be the center of attention, and if people are over, she loves to show off.  She danced around for Erik and I with this tutu on her head for a good 5 minutes.
 When I cook she gets into the cupboards and go crazy, but doesn't make a peep while she's doing it
Hopefully we'll have some good news (job), our blog will be cool and I'll have more to post about soon!

6 comments:

April said...

ah she is so funny! I love that Erik rigged her car up like a wagon I was laughing so hard! And the tutu on the head? SO CUTE! You forget she gave me kisses too! love it! And what $1200? Are you gonna get the money? so cool! Go on a trip!!!!

April said...

Oh if you go on a trip I'll watch her!

Ben and Camille said...

violet and claire are so much alike.

The Obergs said...

Oh Erik and his finds... I probably would have tripped over something like that and still not thought to pick it up. He's got a good eye for picking up stuff. Sounds like all those piles of rocks are worth it.

Good luck to Erik and his thesis. I'm excited to see what the future holds for you guys. I guess I'll just live vicariously through you (although wouldn't it be awesome if the boys finished at the same time and then we could all be excited and moving on together!?!)

Sorry again about ditching out today. After the 4th meltdown trying to get out the door, I decided that maybe it wasn't worth it.

meag said...

at least you blog when nothing cool is going on. violet is getting so big. and that is pretty awesome about eriks treasure finds....preston has a red wagon and cozy coupe he got for his birthday and LOVES them both!!!miss you guys, hope to get this car thing figured out soon so i can come visit. can't wait to hear about any job options...good luck

Vienna said...

Haha love that little Miss Violet. I got so used to seeing her so often that I miss her now! Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys so much; you were a life saver! Hope to hear some good news about a job soon...