9/7/11

White Pine Lake

The hike that Erik has been planning on for weeks has come and gone. Now we can finally check the "White Pine Lake" hike off our imaginary list of "hikes to go on before we move out of Cache Valley".

Erik invited the Oberg's last minute and I was pretty happy about it so I didn't have to go on this 8 mile hike with just the 3 of us!
There was also lots of fishing going on once we got to the lake so I was happy that Violet and I didn't have to sit alone forever.

I was a little leery about going on this 8 mile round trip hike but it was a perfect day, not too hot, not too cold, just right with it being overcast.  It was so fun, and definitely worth it with the beautiful scenery.  It did rain on us on our way back but it wasn't too bad, actually quite refreshing!

The sign says  3.8 but believe me it was .2 miles to the sign, up the hill from the car, so I'm saying 4 miles each way
Naomi peak (we believe) behind us, the lake we hiked to is on the other side of it
 Beautiful views
 Sleepy Violet
 Stretching her legs!
 We made it!


 The girls chatting and relaxing while the Oberg men fished. Hazel was such a trooper! She walked a good portion of the hike, or was on grandpa, her mom or dad's shoulders for the rest of it.


Erik showing us how it's done


Great way to end the summer.

5 comments:

The Obergs said...

we had a great time, thanks for inviting us. Did Violet ever fall asleep on the trek back out? I'll tell you what, It might be too late for Hazel, but next time we have a baby, we're DEFINITELY getting a hiking back pack.

Unknown said...

How fun!! We miss the mountains so much out here!! It makes me jealous!! Violet is a doll!!

meag said...

Oh my that looks so beautiful. And what a trooper vi is. So adorable!

Kenzie said...

What a pretty hike. I would say four miles both way too! haha.

Alex and Anna said...

this is such a pretty hike! we have the same pack! i love it =)