1/7/12

Another Boring Post

My apologies, I seem to be a boring blogger lately. I thought that living in another state would make my blog exciting and I'd get so many comments and new "stalkers" however I think I am losing you! Not your fault, entirely mine. Hopefully we will have some new friends and exciting adventures soon.
Life, however, is great here in Colorado:
I am almost 19 weeks pregnant (4.5 months) we find out what we are having on January 17th. I am SO excited I can hardly contain myself, the 17th can not come fast enough!
 
I wasn't going to make any resolutions this year, at least for the public to see, but my dear friend Vienna inspired me with her resolution post. So I figured, if for nothing else, I will post them for myself in hopes that I will keep them.

First I really want to relax. Not only get my relaxation and naps in while I only have one child, but just be more laid back about things. Many of you know that is definitely not one trait I was blessed with.  I am pretty uptight, controlling and do NOT go with the flow very well.  I would really just like to relax, let little things go and not let little things get to me so much.

Something that kind of goes along with my last resolution; let Violet make messes. Food, books, toys, whatever.  From time to time I won't care and my house will be a disaster, but more often than not I am busy cleaning and tidying up after her that I don't take time to play with her and let her be a messy toddler. I do play with her, maybe not quite as much as I should, but I would like to focus more on her development and spending more time teaching her things, ESPECIALLY once baby #2 comes.

Be healthy. This is a huge January goal that everyone has but I really would like to stick to it. I haven't been able to exercise since before we moved, we have a gym in our apartment complex that until today I hadn't stepped foot inside! With this pregnancy (and with Violet) I just crave crap. The only thing that sounds good is french fries, queso dip and chips, and salt and vinegar Pringles.  I am feeling so great now, but I still crave Chick-Fil-A fries and  lemonade daily. I've done my best to avoid it, but I would like to cook healthier meals for all of us.

Take off the front of Vi's crib in April, and in May move her to her big girl bed.
Take away the binkie in March
And have her potty trained in May.
Whew! Wish me luck


6 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

Good luck! Those are my goals with Claire too, but all the more motivation for you having baby #2 on the way! So fun that you're half-way too!

Donene said...

Those are some big goals for the year, but go for it! Hope your New year is great and we miss seeing you, so thanks for the posts!

Claire Hawkes said...

My biggest resolution this year is to be more laid back too! I have gotten so up tight since Liv was born and I can't seem to just let things be what they are without being flustered! Like if she decides to skip a nap and play all day long, I used to call Jeff so upset about it and I'm trying to just let it go! This mom business is much more complex than I thought haha!
I'm so excited for your baby #2! Everyone keeps telling me that having 2 is easier/more fun because they can play together:) Hopefully true!

meag said...

totally not loosing followers miss sammy...i love your blog and all your updates,boring or not. great goals, i still haven't really set any, mostly because i always disappoint myself but maybe i should go read vienna's blog and motivate myself as well.

Unknown said...

Your blog is not boring!! I feel like you are the only one I know what's going on in your life because you actually blog!! So keep them coming :)

Alex and Anna said...

Sammy,
Im glad you guys are doing good and had fun over the Holidays! I am coming to Colorado to visit my sis for the weekend so i will text you and maybe if we aren't too far away we can come see u and Vi!! So when is your due date? I am so excited for you! I don't think we are too far apart!