1/12/12

One and a Half

Where did 18 months go? My sweet baby girl is no longer a baby! Even though I will probably always call her my baby.
Oh I can't get enough of my sweet girl. She is getting so big and smart and is really catching on to things. She understands what I am telling her and it's so fun to watch her ask me for things, but it is still the usually "uh uh uh uh!" until I figure out what she is talking about.
Her 18 month Dr appointment is next week so I will update stats when we get those

Some things I want to remember about my Violet girl:

She is talking lots now, she will try and say anything you ask her to say, most of the time it's just the first letter but she's getting pretty good!

is SO independent, she has to eat by herself, walk up the stairs in the garage by herself (which is fine with me!) and thinks she can get dressed by herself

loves dress ups, necklaces and jewelry, if she finds a shirt or any piece of clothing on the ground she will put it on and take it off over and over for a good 30 minutes
(swimsuit top she put on her head all by herself)

has all her tub "flash cards" memorized and will point and say anything you ask her to find
 
 loves all her babies and is such a good little mama. She feeds and pats and wraps up her babies all day long, puts them to bed and says "nigh night". I can't wait to see her with her little brother or sister!

loves dogs, will spot a dog a mile away, will point to them in the store on a box and I have to figure out where she found them she's so good at finding them

loves to eat "E! E! E!" runs to her high chair and pulls until I put her in her seat. She has become a pretty good eater, or I've just gotten used to her habits, some of her favorites are, baby oranges (2-3 a day) eggs, instant breakfast chocolate milk, Ikea meatballs (after eating them at Ikea when my mom was in town, she loved them so much I decided to buy a bag) and her new favorite kiwi





 folds her arms to say prayers, and if we are eating a breakfast or lunch and haven't said on, she will stop eating and fold her arms and wait, then says "nen" for Amen

She loves dancing, especially to "Do the Muffin" (third and bird) and the hot dog dance on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

 Just recently started watching "shows" she will grab a blanket, lie down on the couch and ask to watch a show, favorites are Third and Bird and Mickey Mouse


loves to blow her nose, I have the perpetual runny/stuffy pregnant nose and have to blow my nose constantly. Every time I do, she has to get toilet paper and blow hers, then rips it to shreds, but it's cute

everywhere we go people stop me to talk to her and tell me and her how beautiful she is and they go on and on about her eyes and her lips and her red hair

Her first week in nursery is Sunday and we are all excited. She is going to love it. Everyone keeps telling me I will probably have to stay in there for a couple of months, but I know she won't even think twice or look back once she sees the toys and kids

She is SO social. At church she goes up to everyone and gets in their business, Sunday she went to the end of the row and this 75+ year old man had an Ipad and she was all up in his business. She pulls things out of peoples bags and will sit on any one's lap to read books

loves giving kisses and will give them over and over and over

loves having company over, my cousin and her family, Erik's cousin and his wife, the bishop and the elders quorum have come over and she gets so excited, shows off and will take book after book to them

LOVES TO READ. that is an understatement. OBSESSED. Brings books to us all day and says "Re re re re  re re?" over and over until you pick her up and read to her. I did not set any of these pictures up, she would read all day long, everyday if she could.




 I don't know if this was a good or bad idea, but I took my old nightstand and put it in Violet's room so she can reach all her books. Within the hour after she wakes up they are ALL over the floor
 She learned how to spin and she will do it over and over until she falls over. Also loves walking backward

OH We love this sweet baby girl. How can you not?

8 comments:

meag said...

oh my....i didn't quite think it was possible for her to get any cuter, but she easily proves me wrong. adorable. so fun growing up and learning new thinkgs

Amy said...

She is so cute! hahaha! I love when they love to read, its so nice to just sit and read, instead of chase them all over! I can't wait until you post what you are having! Violet is gonna be such a great big sissy!

Vienna said...

She's darling and SO big! I can't believe how much she's changed already since you've been gone. I love all her books and how much she loves them, it is so cute. Can't believe she's 18 months!

anna said...

so cute! i love that bathtub picture of her! it definitely deserves a frame!

The Obergs said...

I love those pictures of her in her highchair. He face is pure bliss. I guess I feel that way when I eat too, hahah.

Hope nursery went well. If she's anything like Hazel, she loved it.

The Obergs said...

p.s. Can't wait for tomorrrow!!!

Kenzie said...

Time has gone so fast! She is so cute and seems like she is going to be a great big sister! I love that she folds her arms and tries to say amen. So cute!

Jenny Hansen Lane said...

your daughter is gorgeous.... like you.