2/1/12

A Great Week

Where do I start?! I was lucky enough to have my great friend Vienna and her sweet baby Magnolia (Nolie) come visit this week. We had such a great time relaxing, talking, shopping, eating, and more shopping and more eating. It was so great to see her and have company all day everyday!

Friday night we all went to eat at a pizza place called The Mellow Mushroom, THE BEST PIZZA I've EVER had in my life! It really was so amazing I can't stop thinking about it! I think it might be my new favorite place, if I can't talk you into coming to visit, this pizza will.  It was at the funnest new shopping/eating area a few miles away from our house and while we were waiting for our table we went to a candy shop. Violet and Erik were in heaven!
Erik brought a hairnet home from work for Violet and she was loving it, what a ham!
 It was so fun to have Vienna here for my big 25th BIRTHDAY! My birthday was on a Saturday this year and it was so nice that Erik could spend the whole day with us. I still hadn't been downtown Denver so we decided it was a perfect day to go. It was so fun! We went shopping at the 16th Street Mall, our main stop was H&M. I didn't find anything for myself unfortunately but found plenty enough for my girls of course.
It was a beautiful day but cold in the shadow of the buildings

Vienna was so sweet and watched Violet for us so we could go out that night. We went to a delicious Mexican restaurant then went home for cake because there weren't any movies out worth seeing.
I was sad I didn't get to have Holli cake for my birthday, but "Nothing Bundt Cake" did a fine job as a replacement. YUM!
 Sunday we had a fun trip to the ER and we were lucky to have Vienna here to stay with Violet: I have an umbilical hernia in my belly button from when I was pregnant with Violet, this time around it is worse and my doctor warned me that my intestines could get pushed through and I'd have to have emergency surgery. 
All day Saturday I had a hard painful bump in my belly button and I couldn't push it back in (sorry, TMI? but usually I can push it back in, it always pops in and out) I waited until Sunday and it was still there and still couldn't push it in. I called and the on call Dr happened to be my Dr, he told me to go to the ER to be safe.  Long story short, the ER Dr came in, pushed really hard in a circular motion on my button and it went back in! It was pretty painful but was quickly over. He was so nice and made me feel better about it being so simple to fix, but better safe than sorry I guess! Now I know I just need to be a little braver and stronger, I just didn't want to damage anything!
...

Violet had the best time playing with Nolie or "No" as she calls her. She loves her so much, had to kiss and ooh and aah over her constantly. She loved handing her her night night (binkie and blankie) toys and giving her hugs
This is how Violet hugs her. She just puts her head on her and says "ohhhhhhhhhhh" Nolie was so sweet and so good, she sure loved Violet and would smile so big at her
  The girls were so good on our shopping trips and had a great time at the outlets (despite Violets minor tantrum when I wouldn't let her push the stroller all by herself/she couldn't push it all by herself but insisted on doing so) the mall and of course Target
 Tuesday we went to breakfast for my birthday with some girls from my ward, I only knew one of them but it was good to get to know and meet them anyway! We went to a place called Snooze, lets just say they are famous for their pancakes and I can see why! YUM Vienna and I got Oreo Cheesecake pancakes, but they also offer red velvet, pineapple upside down, and more.

It was so good to have visitors to keep me busy and entertained for a while, Vienna is such a good friend and we have a lot of fun together! Thanks for coming to see us, we already miss you!

5 comments:

Alyssa Harper said...

So sweet! It looks like you had one fabulous visitor. :) And happy birthday! Your cake looks to-die-for-tasty!

April said...

VI looks so cute cheesin' it! Love it! Oh miss her so much! and you of course. happy birthday!!!! I so want to live there love downtown denver, so cool! I am next person in line to come!!!!

meag said...

looks like such a fabulous week. i probably won't be your next visitor, but you can certainly put me on your list of upcoming visitors. hope you had a fabulous birthday, looks like you did. and that cake looks fabulous.

Rob and Vienna said...

Oh we miss you guys! That picture of Violet staring at Nolie and smiling is hilarious! She is such a sweetie. We had such a great time; thank you so much again for everything! We'll have to get out there again someday, and hopefully we'll live somewhere fun so we can return the favor. Hope you guys are doing great!

Kenzie said...

Looks like it was a fun week! I am glad you had a good birthday!! Happy late Birthday!