Greetings from Utah! Violet and I have been in Utah for a week now and we are loving life (Erik will be here over the weekend for the homecoming). It's so nice to always have someone at your beck and call, to run errands with, cousins to play with, and to see family everyday. Going back to Colorado will be much harder this time around, but we have plenty of time to enjoy the company!
Uncle Jeff came home last Wednesday from his mission in Ghana Africa. It was such an amazing experience and we are SO grateful that we were able to be here to see him come home (thanks Mom and Dad!)
thanks for some of these pictures Amy!
After his plane had landed (one flight from Ghana to NYC, then from NYC to SLC) we waited at least 30 minutes for him to come, we were all getting so anxious! The moment he was in sight April screamed and we all started screaming and jumping up and down, and of course crying.
all 4 kids, together again!
Akwaaba (welcome) home elder!
Jeff sent home some fabric for my mom to make ties for the boys, and skirts for the girls, they turned out so darling
Three new babies Jeff hadn't met
He looks so good, hasn't changed a bit, is still the same crazy, energetic, friendly Jeff but definitely knows how to be seriously and is so spiritual and knowledgeable when it comes to the gospel. It's so good to have him home, he's spoken with some Ghanians on the phone and has the STRONGEST accent when he does, already has a job, has hung out with a girl, and has his iPhone connected to his thumbs, but we love him and we are so excited he's back!
Lots of friends came to welcome him home
Violet has been having the time of her life
Uncle Jeff even got her dressed for me one day, I thought he was joking when she walked in to the bathroom dressed like this, he seriously thought that's how I wanted it! (tank over cardi)
G.G (great Grammy) plays the piano for toddler time at the tree house, we went for the Valentines party and Violet was in heaven. She thought the animals were real and was a little afraid of them at first
She about died at all the babies in the "baby hospital" I couldn't get her away from them, she carried them all over the place
she had so much fun with her cousins and aunts
and made her first batch of sugar cookies (notice my quickly growing belly, it LITERALLY has doubled in size since last Wednesday. Not that I'm complaining, I'm now obviously pregnant, not just "maybe she is? maybe she's just chubby?"
Loves being with Uncle Jeff and pretends to text on old phones
Looks like it's a good thing I decided to update while we were still here, otherwise I'd have the longest post in history when we get home. We've got so much coming up for the next week and a half that we are here, but for now we are enjoying ourselves and aren't looking forward to going home. Although, we do miss daddy!









3 comments:
oh, looks like such a fun week. how exciting to have your brother back....seems like he's doing great. can't believe how big violet looks. and guess what, today i looked up flights to denver, were making baby steps here...next, will be booking our tickets. have fun in utah!!
i can't even imagine how fun that is to see your bro again! i have just one brother too and 4 sisters.. luckily he's still 3 years away from going:)
claire did the exact same thing last week her first time at the treehouse. at least vi touched the cow! claire just ran away.
What an exciting time for your family. Nothing is better than welcoming a brother home. It looks like you guys have had so much fun being together, I'm glad you were able to come.
Also, I can't believe how big Violet is getting. She is turning in to a little girl! I love her long hair and curls and she's just the cutest little thing going. I can't wait what to see what your next little one looks like.
Yeah, I'm bugged that we've been so sick and haven't be able to see you yet. But seriously, I'm so glad we didn't come down last weekend. Hazel had a fever for a week, I got so sick, and now Taylor started getting it a couple of days ago. It's bad news! We still all are trying to get over it and I would have hated to pass it to you and your family. But, Hopefully we'll be able to see you before you go, fingers crossed!
Post a Comment