2/28/12

Home Sweet Home

It is good to be back home but Violet and I are feeling lonesome being home alone all day. We got home Sunday (after the craziest, one-bad-thing-after-another-flight) and Erik kept warning me that the house was a disaster; he hadn't done the dishes or the laundry the whole time we were gone etc. Low and behold we walked in to a spotless house, yellow tulips (my FAVE!) on the counter, a stocked fridge, and the BED was even made! He even had dinner ready to go for that night, which he made all by himself while I laid lazily on the couch.

Now I am in full baby mode and trying to get the nursery started... Kind of. I've got a long list of things that I need/want, we have lots of reorganizing, have to get Violet in a big girl bed and potty trained, and so much more! I went to the Dr today 26 weeks (hadn't been in 6 weeks) and I had gained 10 lbs. YIKES! Must've been all my mom's homemade cookin, eating out and eating constantly that did it. He wasn't worried about it though; I only gained 1 lb last time.

I wanted to get caught up on blogging...
Before we headed to Utah Erik and I took Violet to the Denver Aquarium. It was such a blast and she LOVED it.
 Sorry for the red eyes! These were all taken on Erik's phone, we forgot the camera


 Violet loved reaching for the sting rays but once she touched one, wasn't too sure about it.
And one more picture for good measure, we sure miss you family! Thanks mom and dad for flying me out and paying to have me stay even longer than we had anticipated. We miss you already and can't wait for you to come visit!

5 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

I'm not gonna lie, i kind of teared up about Erik's surprise when you got home. Those are the best! I only saw a peak of you at church--your brother did awesome!

meag said...

how sweet of erik!!! last time i went out of town, chase kept warning me of the same thing (that the house was a disaster) however, when i came home, it really was. haha. fun surprise. glad you had a good trip.

April said...

I was like, what the heck, seriously? about him not cleaning the house and then I was like, ok so sweet! haha! miss you guys! Finn misses Lilet soooo much! We do too.

The Obergs said...

Good job Erik! He really knows how to make you feel like a princess. Glad you made it back safe and sound, despite your traveling woes. I'm excited to see all the things you're planning for baby #2. I feel like a handicap; I can't even think about doing anything for this baby without getting some serious anxiety... (I'm blaming it on our tiny living quarters)

Donene said...

Way to go Erik! I think I have come home when those words were spoken but it was true!