3/7/12

Red Rocks

Tuesday Erik got off work early so we could enjoy the 70 degree weather together. We headed to the mountains for some exploring. We made a few stops and then decided to go to  Red Rocks. It's about 15 minutes away from our house and once you go into the canyon, you feel like you are in southern Utah! I love having it so close.  
We didn't really know what to expect and we were blown away! There were cute little shops and restaurants on the "Main Street" and once you get up to the parking lots there are trails and the amphitheater where they have concerts in the summer. It is open daily and there were so many people running up and down the stairs and seats exercising.
 Little miss Violet is now against having her hair done, the moment we get in the car she pulls out her flower/bow and elastic! Naughty

 It was pretty chilly because the sun had gone behind the mountains and there was still some snow but it was fun to see everyone out exercising and enjoying the nice weather.
 Denver, WAY out there
 You can see Denver to the left of Violet just after that mountain/hill. I was happy I made it to the top not too far behind Erik and Violet at 27 weeks! It is SO high up and we had to climb lots of stairs, the elevation is over 6,200 feet. There was a guy playing his guitar and singing on stage just for fun.
 It was so fun to go and explore and let Violet run around
 Violet laughed her head off looking down, scary!
They've got lots of showing coming up this summer, The Fray, STYX (which I secretly want to go to, too bad I'll be 36 weeks pregnant), The Shins, Bon Iver, Foster the People and more, if any of those entice you, you have a free place to stay!
Also a little factoid: The BEATLES played here, pretty awesome

5 comments:

meag said...

so awesome. thats beautiful. you look great & violet is darling....i'm sure every little girl goes through the "pull your hair out phase" but still so cute

The Obergs said...

70 degree weather!? I'm so jealous. This place looks awesome. I had no idea there were red rocks in Colorado.

So, I know I'll be pretty pregnant too, but I'm going to really push to come see Bon Iver and/or The Shins.

Hope everything is going great. I've been loving all of your pins on pinterest. Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

Alyssa Harper said...

What an amazing location! Looks like a wonderful family vacation. You have such an adorable little family!

Paige said...

wow, that looks like a great place to have so close! fun. and 70 degress....whaaatttt!? Jealous!! and you look great at 27 weeks. so skinny and little. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome! And you look amazing!