3/18/12

It's Always Fun When Grandpa (and Grandma) Come!

Erik's parents came for a quick visit over spring break last week. It was so good to see them and we had such a great time.
Violet wanted to make sure their bed was comfy enough for them
We spent Tuesday at the outlets and headed to Red Rocks when Erik got home from work
Wednesday Erik took the day off, we drove to Dinosaur Ridge to see what it was all about. Violet wasn't too sure about the dino's but kissed them "muah" from afar. You can go on a tour and see the dino bones and prints or you can walk up the road, a mile each way for free. We just stayed at the visiting center and let Craig and Erik ooh and aah at all the fossils and rocks, they always make me wonder; why didn't they go into geology?
Then we headed to Golden which is 30 minutes from our house. It was such a beautiful day! We roamed the streets, ate lunch and enjoyed the 75 degree weather
We had fun walking the Clear Creek river




Can't wait to check it out this summer when the water is a little warmer. Perfect river for wading and floating in. They have an annual duck race that I would love to participate in, maybe Erik and Violet can float down with the rubber duckies in a tube
As I've said before Colorado is dog capitol of the world. Everyone has them and they are everywhere you go, Violet was in hog heaven. Doesn't she look darling in her new outfit from "mah" (Grandma) and "mpa pa?" (grandpa)
Unfortunately my feet are feeling the third trimester more than the rest of my body. If I know I'm going to be walking more than just a quick stroll, I have to break out the tennis shoes. SO cute with skinny jeans, but better than seeing my swollen piggies and ankles
Violet giving daddy hugs "awwwww"
talking to and kissing the chickens "muah muah"
It was so good to have visitors, we sure had a lot of fun and they spoiled us rotten! Can't wait for them to come again, thanks again Lynnette and Craig!

6 comments:

Vienna said...

Oh that cute Violet! She's too funny. I love that little outfit on her. You look great; can't believe that baby girl will be here so soon. Looks like you guys had a great time, glad they could come and have fun with you!

Donene said...

So, cute! love this last one with the chickens! You look great and I'm glad you had so much fun! It's great to have family!

April said...

Love Vi's shoes, are those mini toms? So cute! Can't wait to come wish it were tomorrow. Looks fun!

The Obergs said...

Nothing is better than visiting grandparents. It's a little ray of sunshine in to the day-to-day life. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm so jealous of your weather, we woke up to snow this morning.

Loving the sneaks and skinny jeans, haha! Sometimes a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. I wore some heeled boots to Lynette's art show on friday, and believe you me, I regretted every minute of it (my shoe choice, not the art show).

meag said...

i can't seem to get over how adorable violet is. dying to see her (and you of course)...her new outfit is darling. so fun to have your inlaws in town...looks like such a fun week

Alyssa Harper said...

Are you kidding me? You looks SOOOO phenomenal. I can't believe you're in your third trimester already. Also, you are wonderful to do so many fun things with your family. Always fun to read your posts. P.S. Violet's hair kills me. She is one beautiful gal. :)