I have been working on so many projects for Violet's big girl room and baby sister, I finally finished one last night and could not wait to share it! I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I started it in December before I even knew what I was having (thus it being more masculine) and it has been a fun project to work on.
I literally, randomly grabbed a color of yarn out of my bin of yarn (all of which I already had from previous projects) and that's the color I did next, don't love the orange, but it works and I am happy with the final product! I wanted a fun blanket to cover her with in her car seat, I have lots of blankets that were Violet's but none are like this, so it'll be fun to have something different.
I don't think I'll be making this one again any time soon, it was fun but took me about 3 months, lots of time and lots of yarn! I would love to make one for each of my kids though, maybe Violet will get one for Christmas if I start now!
And here's a sneak peek at some of the things that will be in baby sister's room. I debated whether to just do a big reveal when I'm completely done, but that won't be until after she's here already, and I can't wait that long!
Rug; Baby sister's room is really feminine and flowery, so I wanted something that worked but was also a bolder pattern, I think it's going to go great with everything and I know I'll be able to use this rug in any room if it doesn't work in a few years.
I found this mirror in Golden in a consignment store and HAD to get it! I am quite the haggler it turns out and got it for $26 less than they were asking. I'm going to paint it, and have to find a dresser to hang it above, but I can't wait to hang it up
Also the chair is new as well, I used birthday money as well as money from selling my previous rocker to get it. (which I HATED, I literally cried-which isn't hard to do when you just had a baby-all the time because I hated it so bad, it wasn't comfy, my back killed etc so I decided it was time to get a new one. Plus it was such a great deal and SO comfy) Don't love beige, but it'll work in every nursery and maybe next baby I can cover it myself. I even put it together all by myself!
And these babies. LOVE. They're supposed to come in the mail today (who doesn't love getting packages?!) I think they'll be so sweet hanging on baby sisters wall.
Here's a peek at the quilt, boy oh boy this doesn't even do it justice. I love it so much! Let's just say it's "ruffly" and all sewn together since this picture, I just need to quilt it.
I have so much to do, and only 10 weeks to do it! I can't believe I'm almost 30 weeks. Time is flying way too quickly. We've got a busy couple months ahead of us so I know it'll be hear before we know it.
- April and family are coming for Easter
- Mom and Grammy are coming 2 weeks after that April 18-22
- Erik's Golden birthday April 28th (He'll be 28!)
- Jeff is coming for The Fray May 11th
- Baby sister is coming!
In between all of this I have to find time to potty train Violet (let's face it, it may not happen which I am fine with) Move her to her big girl bed (I decided to let her keep her binkie, which she only has in bed anyway to make that transition a little easier for the both of us) and finish both of their rooms. But I am so excited for more visitors and feel so lucky that they want to come see us.
Lately I feel like I haven't been spending enough quality time with Violet and it breaks my heart that she doesn't even know what is coming! She is getting so big and smart and I just want to give her all the attention and love she needs until the big day comes. She LOVES babies so much and I think she'll do great, although she may not like it once she realizes baby sister is here to stay!
Here's to 10.3 weeks, hope they go quickly, but slowly enough that I can enjoy my sweet Violet girl, get my projects done, and stay sane!

5 comments:
Love the blanket, so cute! and all baby girls room stuff can't wait to see it all.
oh stop it....you are ridiculous talented & creative.Love everything about that post. the blanket....TO DIE FOR. i'd say i want to order one from you but it sounds like you have a blanket or two to make. can't wait to see baby girls quilt. looks amazing. so fun
LOVE the blanket, LOVE the quilt fabric, LOVE the rug and the mirror, LOVE everything! Oh it's going to be gorgeous, and you're going to be a busy bee! Good luck with everything; wish I were there or you were here so we could work on projects together!
(this is Vienna by the way, I'm on Rob's computer and it's being weird.)
oh my gosh....you have been BUSY!!!! look how cute and creative you are! jealous. i can't wait to see it all come together. and that blanket is seriously AMAZING!!!!!
I can't wait to see it all put together. Looks like I'm going to have to make a visit out there real soon!
Post a Comment