4/9/12

Visitors for Easter

Ever since the day we found out we were moving to Colorado, I've been recruiting visitors to make the transition a little easier. Not to mention that I really love where we live and want to share it with everyone. So when my sister was trying to decide where to go for Easter break, I gladly took them up on their offer to come visit.

The weekend went as follows:
They arrived Thursday evening, we ate dinner and headed to the mall.

Friday we went to breakfast, played at the park and that night met Erik after work in downtown Denver. We ate dinner at Hard Rock Cafe and shopped at H&M for April's first time, which of course did not disappoint! Does it ever?

Saturday morning we drove down to Colorado Springs and went to Garden of the Gods to hike around.
Violet was so excited to be in the backpack, I don't think she ever stopped smiling!
 It was such a beautiful day, a light breeze, mid 60's, just beautiful.
 (I'm only going to apologize once for my hair in these pictures. I swear it looked one million times better in person/in the mirror than it does in these pictures, I just wanted it up and out of the way!)  
Moving on...
 Like I said, not going to apologize...
 Pikes Peak in the background. We can't wait until the road opens in May so we can ride the Cogway or drive up to the top at 14,114 feet!
Violet had the time of her life, if Erik stood still for more than one minute at a time she'd say "Goie! Goie!" (go-y) she did NOT want to stop moving 

After Garden of the Gods we drove to Seven Falls. It was well after Violet's nap time, she fell asleep on the way there for about 2 minutes and the moment we turned the car off "out out out out!" She was smiling, wide awake and ready to go! Guess all she needed was a little cat nap
 224 steps to the very top of the falls. I went to the first landing, I know I could have made it to the top, very slowly, but I could have, but I was too scared! I didn't realize I was so scared of heights. The stairs are REALLY steep and wobbly. Not my thing.
 Erik went to the very top carrying Violet without batting an eye. I even used the excuse "I'm carrying 20 extra pounds!" when I had to sit down once I got to the top. He said, I was carrying 25! ha ha, Guess that wasn't a good enough excuse this time.
We went to the top of the look out behind us as well, April Ruby and I took the elevator which was in the mountain to the top, but the boys and Violet took the stairs yet again.
To the elevator!
 Easter Sunday was so fun. Violet loved all her Easter prizes from Grammy and GG and Erik and I.
Best present we ever got her, she won't put it down and has to take it everywhere!
(my aunt was in town watching my cousins kids a few weeks ago while they were out of town, we went to the mall with her and she bought Violet this dress! So sweet of her, thanks Aunt Sandi!)
 Mouth full of jelly beans
 Not sure if this is a smile or a whine...
 Thanks April, Trent, Hudson, Ruby and Finn! We had the time of our lives having you here and we sure miss you already! They were such good guests and I think they left the house cleaner than it was when they got here :) not to mention the delicious ham dinner April made for us Sunday. Thanks again for coming, love you guys!

7 comments:

Janineg said...

Looks like a fun time! We FINALLY have family coming to visit for a few days this week so I'm trying to narrow down what we want to do! P.S. I love redheads in green....she is too cute!

The Obergs said...

Oh my gosh, the scenery is gorgeous. Also, your hair looks great, what are you talking about!? Although, this same thing happened to me on sunday. Did my hair in a high bun, thinking I looked great.... took some pictures, and realized I looked TERRIBLE. Total pin-head.

Tell Erik that it's different carrying 25 pounds on your shoulders as compared to 25 pounds straight off of your stomach....

Violet looks so dang adorable with her pig tails, track suit, and easter dress that I can hardly stand it.

Holli said...

Such cute pictures! I wish we had been there too! Can't wait to come in 1 1/2 wks! Exciting!!!!

April said...

AHH That was so fun and we miss you already!!! Finn keps saying, "lila back?" Oh man! And what dorks my kids are, can they ever take a normal picture? haha! Thanks again it was so fun and worth the drive we can't wait to come again. The kids keep asking, When? oh man!
And I miss my Vi girl! Oh she is the sweetest cutest thing ever!!!

meag said...

looks like such a fun easter weekend. you really do look great, high bun & all!!! holy cow for only having 8 weeks left that is crazy.violet is adorable like always, both cash & pres have a puma track suit too (& claire) wouldn't it be darling to have their picture together in them. she looks so grown up and big with her piggy tails.can't wait to come visit sometime to see all those gorgeous places that you have around you. so fun

Drew & Mac said...

That looks like such an amazing hike! So beautiful. I don't know about those stairs though, scary!

Sarah and Trent said...

DANG cool pictures! And a darling little girl, my goodness she is cute!! Good luck with the end of the pregnancy, I hope you feel great!