7/8/12

One Month

Greetings from Utah! We are having the best time with our family, enjoying every last second until Erik flies home tonight and the girls and I stay a little while longer.
A lot has happened since we've been here but before I get caught up on that, I wanted to post pictures of my Elsie girl on her 1 month birthday (which was on the 5th)
She has already changed so much I can't believe it, She is so big and it's been easy to compare from her size a few weeks ago because we have been with Erik's brother and their new baby Nora. She was born on June 23rd, she is now 2 weeks old and I feel like Elsie is just huge compared to her!
 So far at one month she's doing a lot better diva-wise, than she was a few weeks ago. I think we are getting the hang of things and have figured out what she likes and needs.

She still eats every 2-2.5 hours

Usually does one 5 hour stretch at night, then every 3 hours til morning

Loves being swaddled

Smiles so big and has started cooing and sounds like she's laughing sometimes
She's getting so chunky! She has rolls on her back, neck and thighs

Is in a size one diaper, I used up all the newborn size and just went to ones, found a newborn size I had in my diaper bag and they were too small just a few days later

Still cries like she's starving too death if I don't feed her as soon as she's ready

Her hairline is receding, not sure if she's growing or if it's falling out, but it's still fluffy and unmanageable which we love

Erik has nicknamed her Sweet Spikes due to her hair
(if you recall Violet's is Chubba Nubbins) 

Is still a great nurser, or maybe she's not because I have mastitis! I am feeling much better, won't go into details but let's just say NO FUN. Hopefully I won't get it again

She is getting more and more beautiful everyday
 This is Violet's one month picture, I guess they look a little more alike than I thought!
 

3 comments:

meag said...

oh she is so precious & beautiful. month one flew by....don't blink cuz they just keep going. miss you guys. hope utah is treating you great.

Vienna said...

Sweet Spikes! I'm cracking up, that's so cute and funny. She is a gorgeous baby; I hope I get a chance to see her! Glad you're figuring things out and she's not as much of a diva baby as before :)

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I wish I could meet her. Miss you