7/12/12

Two

How is my baby already 2 years old? I am just blown away by how quickly 2 years have gone by. Last night I was lying in bed thinking about the day Violet was born and I couldn't help but cry, it seems so long ago but also like it was yesterday. I was thinking that 2 years ago at that moment I was probably lying in the hospital bed feeding or holding my brand new, first born baby girl.  I love her so much, she is still my baby, I call her baby half the time, probably shouldn't anymore, but she is still my baby girl and always will be
I was sad that Erik wasn't here to celebrate with us again this year, we celebrated a few days early (last year he was in New Orleans for a conference for school) but we made sure Violet had a great day. We went to the tree house with the cousins followed by lunch at the Pizza Factory (thanks mom and Grammy!) nap time and that night blew some candles out on banana bread my mom had made (she had her party and cake and everything Saturday, post coming soon) then ran through the sprinklers, in her birthday suit having the time of her life.

Happy Birthday to my sweet Violet, Vi, Chubba Nubbins, Chubs, Baby Girl. We love you more than you will ever know.
 One Year

 Two

3 comments:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday Violet Girl! We sure do love you LOTS!!!!! sounds like it was a great day. It's so sad how fast they got big!

meag said...

love that little violet. can't believe she is two. she is the sweetest thing ever. hope she had a great day!!

The Obergs said...

her one year birthday seems like yesterday! I can't believe that another year has gone by. She has grown up so much since then. I love her tiny voice and her sweet disposition. Happy Birthday Violet girl.