There is no special occasion but I just wanted to do a quick update on my Violet. She cracks me up everyday. She always has a word or phrase that she uses in almost every sentence. Right now that word/phrase is " for a mint" (minute)
She'll say, "I'm going to hold this for a mint ok mom?" or
"I need cow milk (chocolate milk, not sure why it sounds like cow, she has no idea it actually comes from a cow) for a mint ok mom?"
Before that it was though, either, first, and the list goes on and on. It rarely makes sense and that just makes it all the better.
She dresses up in necklaces and jewelry all day, this is my exercise band she's wearing as a scarf
She calls Grammy and Papa all day everyday and says "Hello? Are you here? This is Sammy Overg, we are going to Denver"
Knows my name and Erik's name
Names all her babies Cinderella; we only have one TV and lately it has been occupado by Erik and college football. So I've been putting Vi in on our bed while I get the baby to bed, watching Disney classics on the computer. She LOVES Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty and asks to watch them daily. I only let her watch a show first thing in the morning while I make breakfast and before bed, but she's been sneaking more out of me lately
Loves to color and draw on her "doodle" all day long. She is a lefty more than a righty, and draws little tiny things and perfect circles and swirls all by herself.
Knows her shapes, colors, and numbers (by looking at them up to 10)
Can count to 14 and occasionally will say "60, 80, 90!"
Can sing her ABC's and says "Elmo P" for LMNOP
Sings all the words to Bushel and a Peck and of course Part of Your World.
Carries around the most random things all day, today it was ear buds, half of an easter egg, a spoon, her baby and her glasses. Yesterday it was a bracelet, a bib, a baby, an old cell phone and a saucer from her tea set.
She has not hit the terrible two's yet (knock on wood) but today I saw a glimpse. We were at the park and it was time to leave. She didn't want to and I had to carry the baby in her car seat so I tried pulling Vi by her hand. Well she thought that was hilarious and fell to the ground so I was dragging her. I threatened time out, counting to three, spankins (all of which she has no idea about) I swatted her bottom which made her laugh and I giggled myself, I promise she didn't feel a thing. I finally put the baby down, picked Vi up and tried to carry it all to the car until a lady sitting close by (who no doubt saw my little swat and heard every word) offered to help me. The park is a lot of work with two kids!
Erik's mom gave her "flash cards" of pictures of everyone in the family on them. The other day she was looking at them and found Erik's aunt Nanci. She brought it too me and said "Nanci mom. I wuv her. I wuv her mom" in the saddest sweet little voice. It broke my heart! She came to visit twice and Violet had the greatest time pulling her around the house, playing and doing summer saults outside.
I always ask Erik if we are causing permanent damage to Violet by having so many visitors and then they leave. Also going to Utah and then not seeing anyone for months. It's hard to explain when I tell her we are going to the splash pad and she says "yeah with Finny and Ruby" I hate telling her "no, they live far away". Or when we pulled up to the store and she said "We're at Grammy's!" Let's hope she doesn't have trust issues later in life :)
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! She is so beautiful and she looks so grown up!!!! What a funny, sweet little girl! I miss her so much and wish I could see her. Her hair is so beautiful; it's the sweetest little bob, it's so long! Oh I just love and miss that sweet girl.
THAT GIRL! She is too cute! I love this age especially in little girls....it makes me miss my little girl Maryn:( Growing up all too quickly.
what a little smarty pants. she is seriously adorable!!! love her hair..miss claire is going to have red hair too, just not as bright and beautiful as vi's. sweetest thing ever!!
Post a Comment