5/6/13

10 Months, Utah and 11 Months

I'm getting rather boring here on the ole blog, but I guess the point of coming "back" is to just make sure I am journaling what is going on in our lives. So here you have it

Elsie at 10 months

20 lbs

Sleeps 12+ hours at night without making a peep, I never heard a sound from her at my moms, definitely not true about Violet...

She went right down for naps and at night at my mom's house, Erik's parents house and the babysitters last week without so much as a whisper. Had never even been there before!

Loves when I run away from Violet while holding her

still only has two teeth on bottom

Insists on feeding herself 80% of the time, it's kind of an issue

takes 2 naps 10-12 and 2-4

loves her minky blankets, she will find anyone's, anywhere and think it's hers and snuggle in

Is a momma's girl, which I don't mind at all

Is still such a flirt and always making people smile and talk to her at the store or anywhere we go

Started crawling right before we went to Utah and is into EVERYTHING
Flew for the first time and was a complete gem, I think people were worried she would cry and be horrible, but she was perfect! As usual, and everyone commented on how good they both were.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

My sweet nephew Lincoln Henry was born April 11th so I flew to Utah with the girlies a few days later to meet him. 
 Perfection
 Violet was in love and wanted to hold him all the time
 Elsie however, was all about my parents dog Nike
 We spent lots of time with family, and of course lots and lots of cousins

















Aren't these three so darling!? They could be triplets with that strawberry blonde hair



 Sadly we were gone over Daddy's 29th Birthday (how rude am I?!) but we celebrated over Skype and gave him a warm Oberg Happy Birthday song, which if you haven't witnessed, is really something to behold.
 
 We had our big "debut" on channel 2 Fresh Living with my aunt for Minky Couture. It was too funny and we watched it over and over. It's a long story, but it was fun and we were glad we got to go.

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 We celebrated Erik's birthday with a homemade "nothing bundt cake" when we got home
 And although he didn't walk, Erik graduated with his Masters in Food Science on Friday May 3, 2013. He's been finished with school and classes for a while, but he had yet to finish his thesis. Well, it's done baby and it's official! He's finished and never has to think about school again... Hopefully...
  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Elsie at 11 months (May 5th)

 Time for the cheesy part.
Seriously? 11 months?! Stop! I don't want her to get any bigger, she'll be one in one month. Yowza.

 As I said before, she is in to EVERYTHING. but it's manageable somehow. She stays pretty busy and is so easy going. 

She loves to be held, but is fine to do her own thing

She can bark (which is more than a grunt, but she knows what she's trying to do )

Says more (muh) and Hi
and all the usual words, mama, dada, baba, papa

Loves to clap and lead the music in church


 Blows kisses and makes the Indian sound, awa awa awa, sorry I don't know how else to describe it
 Her bum is always falling out of her diaper, it's kind of the best.
Here's to one more month before she's one

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love that baby!!! I cannot wait to come visit and squish her!! I think I need to try that bundt cake! It was so fun to have you all here! i love our red heads!!!

The Jaussi Family said...

Loved the update. I'm glad you had fun on your trip. I've missed seeing you!