Since I took my "Leave of absence" from the blogging world, I wanted to give a little update on whats been going on
The House: If you were to come to my house you would be amazed that we've lived here 7 months. I have a total of 7 things hung up on my walls in my entire house. I am waiting for my piano before I do anything in my front room, and I would also really like to paint before I do anything else. So basically it will be a long time before I do any more decorating. Plus everything feels so much more permanent so I don't want to do something and then change my mind, so I'm just waiting until I'm absolutely positive.
The yard is really coming along, we finally got a sidewalk put in in the front which has already made our house look better, now we need flowers, shutters, and to paint the front door!
Erik: Aside from being busy at work as a research scientist, he graduated with his Masters in Food Science from Utah State University this month. He has been working on our yard every night, watering, mowing, trimming, digging, moving rocks etc. It's looking amazing, we've got a long ways to go but it's really coming along. He spent 2 full weeks here alone while the girls and I partied in Utah with family and friends and missed us dearly! But I'm sure he loved being a bachelor and getting to watch tv and eat cold cereal to his hearts content. He is the varsity coach in young men and they went on a camp out and hike over the weekend. I'm glad he has this calling so he can still do what he loves most.
Sammy: I have made lots of great friends in our new ward. I have a few friends that I can always count on to play with, we have a craft night a couple nights a month, which sometimes just turn into going out for ice cream and talking. I have been invited to join a Bunco group which I've been wanting to do for years! It's so fun and I look forward to it every month (ok this is only the second month I've gone but still) We have play dates, parties for every occasion, you name it we do it! We have a great time and I love these girls dearly! I feel very much at home in our ward and I love my calling as a Relief Society teacher. I have lots of projects I'm working on, from pillows for our living and family room, choosing the perfect color for our front door (which has had a blue swatch on it since January) gardening, refinishing some chairs, a coffee table, dining room chairs and table, and decorating the whole house. But it all takes money, so I'm tackling it all so veeeerrrrry slowly.
Violet: oh Violet. She does not. Stop. Talking. All. Day. Long. I mean it. And she's at the age where she will repeat herself 500 times until I acknowledge what she's saying, or 90% of the time even if I HAVE acknowledged what she's said she will still say it 500 times. But I love her to death and she makes me laugh constantly with the things she says and comes up with. She makes up names for everything from tiny pieces of balled up toilet paper to a fertilizer. She has quite the imagination. She is OCD and a hoarder. She has to close all doors drawers and cupboards, if she sees an open door from the corner of her eye, she will stop what she is doing and run to close it. She carries around the most random things with her for days at a time, it can be a rock, a scarf, a baby, a play spoon and a lid to a tupper ware. It doesn't matter, she will get attached to anything and everything. And yes, it is usually about 4-5 things at a time. She loves rocks. Everywhere we go she picks up rocks and loves collecting them. She has a best little friend Eden and she is in swim lessons with her this summer which she is very excited for.
Elsie: I can't believe it but she is going to be one in a few weeks. I am slowly planning her party but also don't really want to think about it! She is so sweet and lovey and funny. She makes the funniest faces, loves to "talk on the phone" says Hi, dances, nods her head and knows just how cute she is. She is crawling all over the place, getting into everything and is getting pretty sassy. She loves her sister and her blankies and cuddling with babies. She will finally walk while holding your hands, pulls herself up to everything and knows to stay away from going down stairs, but loves crawling up them. She keeps me on my toes all day long!
No comments:
Post a Comment